Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Green Lights And One-Ways

This morning I got off to a bit of a later start than I wanted to, but I started my run a little after 7. Today was my longest run logged so far, 13.12 miles: a half-marathon. I will be doing this same distance on June 13th, and before that a 10-miler at Soldier Field, so as part of my training, I've been distance-running on Saturdays after a week of INSANITY training. As I've been learning the ins and outs of street-running, I've been trying to optimize my time by avoiding red lights and stopping for cars at intersections. Also, using the Nike+ system, I warm up and stretch at home, then begin my run and follow the green lights at intersections to avoid stopping. I run away from my home until I am half-way and then work my way back. Today I ran most of the time on one-way side streets to avoid traffic and to see the traffic coming my way. Worked out pretty well. So those are some of my tips for street running, and I am looking forward to runs coming up. Please post your running tips if you got em, and don't forget to warm up and stretch before you run or train and cool down and stretch afterward to prevent injury, decrease soreness, and optimize performance. Thanks for reading everyone! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment