Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Courtship After Marriage

Today after church, I realized I hadn't called my mom to wish her and my dad a happy anniversary! Yesterday, May 1st, was their 34th wedding anniversary! Congrats Mom and Dad!! My mom said she knew I was thinking of them and she then told me that her and my dad dressed up and went to Hollywood Blvd for a date. Hollywood Blvd is a dinner/movie type of place where you can have drinks and a meal while watching a movie. My mom said she and my dad had a wonderful time and enjoyed themselves. She described my dad's attire as "dashing", and this really made me smile.

34 years. A lot has happened since '76, ya know! And to think that my mom and dad not only love each other, but are in love with each other is truly awesome! I know I do this a lot, but I will once again refer to Zig Ziglar. He talks a lot about courtship after marriage, and I live that sentiment as well. I have been with my wife for 10 years now, and we've been married for 3. I told Jasmine the other day that I am still so much in love with her, and she told me the same. Since it has been nicer outside recently, on her days off, she and Lola (our dog) come and meet me halfway between the train station and home and greet me as if I'd been gone on a business trip for 2 weeks. So much love, so much excitement is still in the air. So much love. I appreciate it, and I feel so empowered by the sense of this love that it drives every decision to be made as the right and appropriate one. I have a purpose, and I look forward to tomorrow. I hope that everyone can experience this sense of love and comprehensive courtship in their marriage/relationship because it really makes life a whole lot more worthwhile. And thanks, Mom and Dad and those of you who keep your marriage strong after so many years, for living that example! Your children surely do appreciate you for it, and we love you so much! Please tell your loved ones you love them today, and keep the love going and growing! Thanks for reading everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely touching story Mikey. Yes indeed, your dad and I are still in love with each other despite some spats over his eating habits and stuff. But remember when you love someone deeply, forgiveness go hand in hand, also tell each other how much you appreciate and love them. Kiss when you leave home and when you return home. Pray for each other and your family. Always keep God in the center of your lives. Never go to bed angry. Appreciate little things. Share with your friends your love for your spouse. Remember the wows you took. For better for worst, for richer or poorer in sickness and in health. Love endures all and Love is God and God is love. Jesus said, "Love one another as I have loved you". Follow that. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete