Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

CTA University

As I continually have been taking on more and more tasks and responsibilities, I am finding it has been very hard to fit everything in. As many or all of you will probably agree, there are not enough hours in the day to get everything you want to get done accomplished, or so it seems. While I was eating lunch today, a co-worker who was also on break began discussing how his weekends usually go. He explained that on the weekends, which we all inherently believe are meant for rest from work (lol), he is busy shopping, doing laundry, and running all types of errands, etc.

This seems to be the case for many or all of us. When the workweek is over, it is then time for our other mandatory vocation: life. For me, every day seems like this. If I can get out a bit early from work, I have more time to focus on my coaching business, making meals, and other errands around my home, not to mention my daily workout, blog, etc. Recently, I received my NASM study materials for my Personal Trainer certification. I have been tackling a chapter a day, and much of that can be attributed to the fact that I have utilized my commute to work and back home on the train to get this done. My goal is to read a chapter, watch the video from that chapter, and complete the activities from my study guide each day. I am finishing as much as I can on the train to minimize the time I have to spend on those activities, and it has helped. What also helps is that I have been able to download all of the videos in a format meant for my iphone, so I can watch the videos on the train, too! I have 2 months to take the test, but I plan to do it in one!

Maybe you have some commute time as well to get some stuff done?? If you drive, try making your business calls while driving and be sure to have a route and list planned when you run your errands so you don't miss anything. To me, it always sucks when I have forgotten to pick something important up and I have to return to a store and sacrifice more valuable time. Another idea is if you need to read something, take it in the bathroom with you when you are "doing your duty". Sounds funny, but instead of reading the sports section you could be reading "Extraordinary Leadership" or a textbook or something that will help you improve yourself. Too tired at night and it's taking too long to get stuff done? Instead of finishing that task, just give in and go to bed. If anything, wake up extra early and you'll be able to finish up in half the time, and you'll be coherent, too! Those are just a few tips that might help you utilize the little time you have. And if you are having trouble fitting in a workout...check out 10 Minute Trainer...no excuses! Everyone has 10 minutes to get a workout in! Click on the title of this blog to link to my coach site and shop for it to check it out. It's a complete program that will get you fit in no time! Thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment