Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

Who You Are not What You Do

"It's who we are, not what we do..." That was a recent quote from Carl Deikeler, the CEO of Beachbody, from a recent conference call describing the Beachbody Revolution and how we as coaches and advocates for health and home fitness have a passion and live a lifestyle instead of do a job. I want to take a moment to recognize the importance of BEING as opposed to DOING. What I mean by this is to find something, a career, a passion, etc. that you really can live, breathe, and enjoy because only in this way will you find success and happiness, and your clients/patients/family, etc, (basically who will benefit and who you serve) will appreciate it and your success will be endless. I.E.-if you don't drink, you won't be a successful bartender, wouldn't you agree? And if you can't draw or paint, your career as an artist might be short and painful. Likewise, if you are into health, fitness, etc, then you will be a great Beachbody coach, personal trainer, Physician, Chiropractor, etc. I am so glad to have found health to be my true passion, even though I had to go through an extreme life change to find it. Call it education, if you will, but I am 100% committed to my own health and am constantly hungering for more knowledge and more challenges in this area. However, I don't want to highlight myself today.

Dr. Jeff is a chiropractor in Bolingbrook. i am not (yet) a patient, but my mom is and she is constantly telling me about the great relationship she has built with this doctor and how he continues to help her feel better through his form of medicine, and how passionate he is about helping people and promoting health. What an awesome guy, huh? I am so grateful that my mom has been able to learn from me when it comes to fitness and nutrition as well as from Dr. Jeff in terms of recovery, nutrition, and the body's workings and systems. She feels so good from this type of medicine, and her experience will result in my seeking out this doctor and I'd love to learn more about this form of medicine and how it can help me out, just from her experience. Also, it seems there has been a huge eruption in positive energy with my family because of the joy that a healthy lifestyle can bring, and I am extremely happy about this. Dr. Jeff specializes in a form of medicine that helps your body work better so that you don't need to medicate with as many pills and supplements that you may not even need! Isn't that awesome! Click on the title of this link to check out his site, his blog, etc. and learn more about Chiropractic medicine and how it can help you. Call Dr. Jeff today! Thanks for reading everyone, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment