Search This Blog

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Plyo Mom

I got a chance to speak to my mom this morning, which is always a positive thing. I can't say enough about how lucky I am to have such wonderful parents who have always supported my brother and me, and they are responsible for who I am today. Anyways, my mom told me about a recent Chiropractor visit and how her doctor told her that she was looking toned and to keep doing whatever it is she was doing. "I've never felt this great..." she said to me in addition to explaining how she no longer has trouble getting up off of the floor and the reactions she has been getting from her friends. She has been doing Debbie Siebers' "Slim In 6", a progressive home fitness program geared towards healthy adults and is a great Beachbody program with proven results.

I also spoke with my brother, Chris, who is also in pursuit of his own health and fitness goals. He has been working out with P90X in order to get in the best athletic condition of his life, and I am giving both Chris and my mom support and seeing them through their progress and goal completion. Chris mentioned to me how our mom is actually keeping him on track by asking him if he worked out or was planning to. He admitted that this really puts him into the right mindset if he happened to be feeling lazy or his priorities started to shift. If you are familiar with this program, there is a workout called "Plyometrics" which is jump training for athletes. This workout assists you with cardiovascular endurance, lower body strength and conditioning, vertical and lateral leaping ability, and agility, and is definitely extreme. My mom joined my brother on this workout recently, heavily modifying, but finishing the workout. Awesome!!! Go Mom Go!! She's gonna kill me, but she is 66 years old everyone!!! I love my Plyo Mom! Please comment below or visit my coach page by clicking on the title of this blog to find out more about Beachbody, the programs I mentioned, or to check out my complete story. Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Great job sharing Beachbody with your family Mikey. My sister is using Turbo Jam. I'd love to see my three brothers use P90X someday. Keep up the good work. Julie http://JustGetMeFit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, Thanks for your positive comment. Keep encouraging your brothers, because "The Body is the temple" and we would not be disrespectful when we go to our place of worship, and also God blessed us with our mind, body and soul and we need to take better care of it by abstaining for bad food and we need to nourish our temple by exercising and get healthier. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete