Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

All Or Nothing

Yesterday, a friend wrote me regarding his intent to start P90X at the beginning of the year. He has attempted to start a few times over the past few months and for one reason or another has allowed himself to fail. "I'm here and I aint goin' nowhere" I wrote him. Truly, success often happens following many setbacks (failure isn't in my vocabulary and shouldn't be in yours). He did mention something to me that had been bugging me. He referenced not having all the disks, and this led me to believe that he didn't actually buy the package. Now, many of you and many of my friends have shortcutted a legitimate purchase (and one that would support my efforts as well) by getting burned copies, or downloading the dvds, or buying a bootlegged system from ebay. Whatever the case, I have seen evidence that the people who obtain a system (or many things for that matter) through shortcut methods are actually just shortcutting themselves. Remember, when pursuing any goal, it is your mindset that will get you there, not your tools or methods, and this is why legitimacy is important.

First of all, I believe there should be a true "buy-in" which establishes a commitment to yourself by reinforcing you hve spend hard-earned dollars on something you believe in. In this way, you mentally force yourself to commit, or should anyway. Think about any major purchase--let's think about the first car you actually bought: you create reasons and selling points in your mind that help you tell yourself and others why your car is the best. It's just natural. You don't want to try to say, "This [other car] would've made more sense, but I got [this car] instead." That would be silly, although it may have been true.

The second point is that you know you have a complete package. P90X, for example, is a complete system. Unlike cheap single workout dvds of old, Beachbody products such as P90X includes a series of different workouts (12 dvds), a fitness guide which thoroughly explains the science and instructs you exactly how you should go about scheduling each workout and actually lays out 3 different options for you, not to mention describing every move/lift in every workout. Also included is a nutrition guide, which arguably is more valuable than the workouts themselves. Again, P90X lays out a systematic and calculated approach to nutrition to match the workout schedule in order to maximize results. If you only have a few dvd's, how do you expect to get the full effect? Think of it this way: you can drive your car with low air in your tires and cheap gas and oil, but is that the best solution? Why wouldn't you want to optimize your travel and ensure long-term endurance by making sure your system is well-equipped to handle the road ahead? Same thing here.

The last thing I will say does regard me. I won't sit here and say that I am the only source of inspiration for you and others, and I shouldn't be. However, if you appreciate what I have done and you take advantage of my support, friendship, and if I am the reason you start doing this or another home fitness program, then please don't kick me in the nuts by bootlegging or shortcutting to get the program. I will be your coach no matter what, but I can do that better if you reinforce what I am doing is meaningful and take my advice. Plus when you purchase anything through my site, or through Beachbody after you have a profile set up with me as your coach, I get credit for it and Beachbody rewards me for the sale. Eventually, I am trying to build a team of coaches, and following my lead will help you to see how you can build wealth with this as well. I have bought everything that I use and suggest, so I wouldn't tell anyone to do what I haven't done, and you should follow suit.

Okay, guys, so that's what I have to say. Regardless of your fitness and health endeavors or how you obtain the tools you need, I'll be here because I do care and want to see you succeed. But I only know two speeds: All or Nothing, and I am running at "All" right now. Are you ready to go full speed? I'm ready to try to push you to get there. Thanks for reading everyone, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment