Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Make It Happen

Well, it's finally official...the snow is back and so is winter in Chicago. Today as I got up, I knew I had plenty to do (this blog and yesterday's make up included). I just finished compiling all of the video and pictures that Beachbody wanted to make the special segment on me, so my first priority was to go to Staples and get it shipped out right away. If you didn't know, I won $1,000 for submitting my transformation story in Beachbody's "Million Dollar Body Game"! This will help us out for this Christmas and also fund my A.C.E. personal trainer certification, so I am blessed to have won. (Thanks to Victor for pushing me to get this transformation story in: he was confident I had come a long way and encouraged me to share the whole story in detail).

So after my usual nap after making my wife breakfast at 5AM and also having some breakfast myself, I got dressed and went out to shovel the sidewalk so that we could walk around without trampling the moist, packing snow into the ground. Then I went to Staples, then to Walgreens to pick up some Salt to lay down, which I did after also stopping at the bank. Luckily, all 3 places were in the same area on Lawrence/Pulaski so even though it took some time, there was only minimal driving. After salting the ground and walking my dog, Lola, I came back in and it was around 11:30 already! I usually workout at 10am so that I can fit my stacked-double, a 2 hour long intense workout that I customized from two extreme home fitness programs. Today was a cardio and abs day, but instead of skipping altogether, I did "Insane Abs", which includes cardio, plyometrics, and c-sit and plank position ab moves, altogether an awesome stand-alone workout. I had other options, and even if I had come home closer to noon, I was going to fit in a 10-minute shadowboxing/jump-rope routine to get some intense cardio and some core work and arms in.

So you see, it's all about HOW you look at it. People love to just make an excuse and go to work. Well, last time I checked, most people aren't that physically active at work, and furthermore, they eat unhealthy fast food and sip coffee all day. No wonder everyone feels like crap! People, you must put yourself first, and when you focus on health and integrate fitness, you WILL feel better and perform better in all areas of your life. I can only tell you so much to help you get your mind on track, but once you make the decision, please give me a call or email me because I'm here for you. Thanks for reading everyone, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment