Search This Blog

Sunday, December 13, 2009

There Is No Finish Line

I was talking with my friend, Jared, earlier regarding health, fitness, P90x, etc, not even an hour ago, and he was telling me about his day at work. I'll tell you what I'm getting to in a moment, but let me tell you that each time we have spoken over the last few weeks since he called me to find out how he can get in the best shape of his life, he has inspired me just a bit more. That's right--the motivator is motivated by the people that he motivates. Say that 3x fast, huh? I've said this to almost everyone I speak to, but it's definitely true--the people that look up to me for guidance and motivation actually do the same and maybe more for me. There is surely no turning back, and I don't ever intend to live unhealthily ever again because I am helping others improving the quality of their lives and that is so powerful and meaningful.

Anyways, Jared told me while he was at work, he saw a guy wearing a Nike t-shirt that read, "There is no finish line". Wow! What a quote and so true. We had just been discussing how P90X is so complete and comprehensive. "You determine the intensity level," I told him. This is true not only for the workout program itself, but in your daily lives as well. What intensity do you live? Work? Love? Care? Do you lollygag through your day or do you go at it with such steam and intensity that you know you accomplished everything and more? For most of us, it's the former, and even for us who are hardcore, often times we have set the bar so high that the latter always seems elusive. This is exactly what "no finish line" means, and it is this mindset that will allow you to achieve success.

Often I tell people (as does my wife) how I get up extra early to make my wife a hot breakfast and see her off to work on the days she needs to, run errands, cook meals, and even give her pedicures when we know we can't afford to pay for the service. She says her friends at work would get jealous if she told them everything, but I just tell her that my main goal is to be the best husband I can be. To me, that is an elusive goal, but one I pursue more than any other and take it very seriously. Failure is not an option because I have made the commitment and will continue to strive to be the best at it, and my love is so strong that there is no wavering. I'm not afraid to say this, and some of you should realize that this is the commitment you have made to your spouses, children, health, etc. Once you approach any goal this way, nothing will stop you from success, and that's real. I could elaborate more, but I'm going to turn in early to get cozy with my wife and watch the finale of Dexter which we "DVR'd". Thanks for reading everyone, and have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment