Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday Recovery

Looking in the mirror after the weekend and stepping on the scale showed me I had gained a good 5 lbs from last week. I'm not perfect folks and you know I've got weight issues! Sound familiar? Well, for me, I didn't necessarily eat horrible foods, but I will admit I took in some extra calories and I had a few beers on a few separate days. It was also a "recovery" week for me in fitness, so generally I didn't have as many intense workouts scheduled and I took an extra day off and a stretch day, so going into this week, I expected as much. But I thought I'd take this opportunity to document the start of this week that I'm around 151 lbs. (according to my scale), and my goal is to lean back down to 145 by Jan 2nd. Should be no problem because my eating habits are clockwork during the workweek, I don't drink (yes it puts on fat folks), and I will try to get back to a 12/12 eating schedule, which I've mentioned before but basically it means eating within 12 hours of your day and fasting for the rest (which means no snacking after dinner and getting a good 7-8 hours of sleep). Also, my workouts are back to intense-mode, where I do P90X strength workouts 3x/week with a stacked INSANITY workout, and on the other days split up an intense cardio and abs workout, Yoga X, and on Saturday I'm finishing up with a "Spinervals" DVD which I will use with my new indoor bike trainer which I got for Christmas! I'll blog on Saturday and tell you my results, what I did right, and where I could have improved.

"Why do we fall?...So we can learn to pick ourselves back up"-quote from Batman Begins. It's okay to fall folks, just don't remain on the ground, but get up right away and get back in the race. Please post comments or notes on how you have done this or your own personal holiday recovery challenges. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I joined Beachbody in August and just ordered P90X looking forward to starting my P90X journey.

    Thanks for sharing your blog and your vids are very informative & motivational.

    -PS, I'm following on twitter, best of luck to you & your business!

    CiCi

    ReplyDelete