Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

What's In Your Burger?

This blog could be really long, but I won't make it that way. Instead, I want to highlight some enlightening pieces of media that I highly recommend. A few months ago, my good friend Alpesh recommended I read "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan and watch the movie "Food, Inc." I took his suggestion and immediately ordered the book, and I finished it about a month or so ago. It was an enlightening look into the evolution of farming in America into the Industrial machine it is today and the implications and effects this has had and is having on farmers, consumers, produce, animals, and the overall health effects that it is causing. It saddens me to say that what most of us feel is the greatest country on Earth can reduce its food industry into a huge sweatshop for lack of a better term with complete disregard for the costs to health, food, and the planet. If you read one book this year, read "The Omnivore's Dilemma" to learn what you are really putting into your body. Today, my wife and I watched the movie, "Food, Inc." which is much of the information from the book and some shocking truths about why this industry is the way it is. Again, very enlightening, and if you watch one film this year, make it "Food, Inc." And don't do it for yourself if you don't feel you care enough or want to remain ignorant like the food industry wants you to. Do it for your children and the children being born and living today that have to eat and drink foods produced from the mockery of nature we call the food industry today. We can change this for them one meal at a time, so educate yourself and start helping America get healthier now. Click on the title to this blog to link to the site mentioned in the film and learn more. Thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment