Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Shuffling Patience

This Sunday is the "Shamrock Shuffle", a run marking the springtime, and to some, marking an official beginning of summer fun and athletic events. I didn't register to run, but I know some people who are running and I was considering going to support them and volunteer to pass out water. I've been nursing a sprained foot/ankle for the past few weeks, and I thought I was close to full speed. This past Sunday I did a bit too much too early and aggravated the injury, so this week I've had to force myself to abstain from my usual workouts. What doesn't help is that my job entails standing and constantly walking back and forth which makes my bad foot real are by the end of the day, so my progress has been slow.

This weekend I have plenty to do, but I will stay iff my feet as much as possible and try to maintain a level of patience that will help me rehab and recover. It's hard and surely we have all experienced situations where we know our patience and commitment to future goals include an anxious period of tedious waiting. However, we must maintain positivity and look at the opportunities that our dilemma presents. In my case, I have 2 extra hours of office and/or family time which I've been taking advantage of to get things done that I've been otherwise putting off.

To end, there's a quote from Jim Rone, I believe, that says, "life presents us with difficulty mixed with opportunity." I'm paraphrasing, of course, but that really says it all. "Shuffle" your patience, people, and look for the opportunities! Thanks for reading everyone and Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment