Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Adjust Your Sail

Short, but concise message today, people. Here's another quote that is always in my mind and I often think about, and it comes from Jim Rone, who has taught me a lot even though we've never met.

"It's not the blowing of the wind that determines your destination. It's the set of the sail. The same wind blows on us all. The wind of disaster, the wind of opportunity, the wind of change...the difference on arrival is not the wind but the set of the sail..."
If we can adjust our philosophy on how we deal with what happens and not focus so much or regret what happens to us, we can help adjust and fix a path toward our goals and we can be sure to achieve success. Here is a related quote from John Maxwell in a book I have recently been reading called "Developing The Leader Within You":
"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails."
Which category would you currently be in? Don't worry. You do not become a leader over night, but it is possible to learn how to be one. Also, if you consider yourself a leader, you also realize that by being a leader you are constantly "adjusting the sails" because of the ever changing winds blown upon you and those you are trying to successfully lead. Hopefully these quotes and thoughts have got you thinking as they definitely make me think more on a daily basis. I'm adjusting my sail, and I urge you to take actions that will help you set a better sail for your life. Don't worry about being motivated. Just begin to take the actions that the person you want to become would be doing, and you will slowly become that person, and motivation will hit you and drive you to push harder. Well, that's it for me tonight. I'll leave you with one more quote, and I will say have a great night, and thanks for reading!
"I may not be able to change the world I see around me, but I can change the way I see the world within me." -John Maxwell
 

No comments:

Post a Comment