Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Full Of Light

In my mind resonates a recent quote that goes something like: "In life you can be certain of difficulty mixed with opportunity..." So true. Likewise, you can be certain that there are people that are unhappy with themselves and seem to poison the area around them, or at least try to. The good thing is that for every person like this, there is at least one or two positive individuals, so it balances out in our favor, really, since we always see things brighter and negative people always see it darker! I was reading a bit of the Gospel of Matthew today, and some of it relates well.

"The eyes are like a lamp for the body. If your eyes are sound, your whole body will be full of light; but if your eyes are no good, your body will be in darkness. So if the light in you is darkness, how terribly dark it will be!" -Matthew 6:22-23, as taken from the Good News Bible
I was standing on the train platform earlier today, checking my phone for emails and updates, when I overheard an obnoxious middle-aged woman talking to her husband on the phone. She was loudly cursing and complaining that because of the "f***** idiots" standing near the top of the stairs she missed her train... I smiled and looked up, and I remember thinking, "Well, if she had left a minute sooner or walked a bit faster, or simply planned better, she would have made that train." I looked over to my left and saw a woman looking around, and it seemed we were really thinking along the same lines. I said, "Everyone wants to blame everyone else..." and she smiled and we began talking when the purple line train pulled up, which we had both been waiting for. We sat near each other and began talking. Michelle is an art/design student, and she was telling me about her class and her husband, who is an up-and-coming jockey, and I also shared with her briefly my story and about what I do as a coach. I got off at Belmont, and we exchanged some info with each other, and the encounter really made my day. Too bad for the loud angry lady that she was...well...a loud, angry lady, but this created an opportunity to meet a great person and have a nice conversation to start my afternoon. So you see, there was some difficulty mixed with opportunity, and I do hope Michelle and her husband remain in good health and continue to succeed in their lives. I even hope that the disgruntled passenger finds a level of peace and can realize that the only thing in our control is our attitude. It's so important that we remember this, and more important that we choose to have a positive attitude so that we can see light and our bodies are full of light rather than darkness. Be positive, everyone! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment