Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

Be Selfish Or Be Selfless

First of all, I want to thank and welcome Sasha Smith for making the decision to take charge of her health and her life and in doing so help others along the way; she just joined my team as a coach, and I got the opportunity to meet with her yesterday and help her get set up for success! What a great young woman and a great family as well. I conducted a fit test for her, and in doing so, her little brother Chris became interested in what we were doing and decided to see where he was at too! He is 13, and unfortunately, he is one of the many obese children in the United States. Fortunately, on the other hand, he has a sister and family members that care about him, and it seems like he really wants to start making improvements now. Not to mention he wants to gear up for football season coming up in the fall. Anyway, Sasha had mentioned to me that she was concerned with her brother as well as some of her family and friends, and is involved in a weight loss challenge with some of these people. Sounds like a familiar situation to me and most of you I'm sure.

The most important thing we can do is identify our goal initially, identify our reasons for wanting to reach those goals, but also I recommend thinking about and listing all of the people that you care about and that care about you. I'm sure you have a list of people, so think about this: if you don't think it's worth sticking to your plan to reach your goal for yourself, or you find you are tempted to break down and go back to an unhealthy lifestyle, then think about the people on your list and do it for them. If you aren't selfish enough to want it bad enough for your own reasons, be selfless and push harder for the people that need you in their lives. This is what I preach and this is what I practice. I understand, especially since I have committed to being a coach, that people need the guidance and example, and seeing and working with me and learning from my story shows them that it is real, and nothing is impossible. In telling my story to inspire others, "sharing is caring", but I don't tell my story to highlight my own success. Actually, I enjoy telling the stories of people that I've already been able to help, and it means so much to have had the opportunity to make a difference in someone else's life. Are you ready to set an example and be a leader for yourself? Your family? Others that need help? Click on the title to this blog and check out my site. It's never too late to start, but it's always too late to wait. Thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment