Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2010

Namaste Partner

Yesterday morning, we stayed home from church. My mother-in-law and brother-in-law weren't going, and my wife wasn't feeling the greatest. I originally planned to attend by myself, but I enjoy it more when I go with a family member, so I ended up staying, too. However, Jasmine (my wife) did agree to do Yoga X with me, so we set a time for 11 am. That way, we wouldn't push it back, and we would be sure to fit it into the day. Around 11, I was getting some office work done, and really wouldn't have minded pushing the workout back, but Jasmine told me that if we were to work out, we'd better do it then because she was getting hungry, and believe me, I don't want to deal with her if she's really hungry, especially in the middle of a yoga routine! So I put all of my stuff away and we did the Yoga X routine together. We both enjoyed doing this together--it was like having a private yoga class in our home, and we were spending time together, too, which was great. I noticed also that some of my balanced postures were better in form, and I felt I focused harder on the "yoga belly 7" segment among other improvements. Jasmine mentioned that she also did better and was more focused.

So we can definitely learn from this. Nothing new, though, but it does reinforce the fact that having a partner to work out with will not only help you stay on track, but you will actually perform better as a team as well. Also, it helps you to stick with your normal plan if the people that you do activities with don't cancel or decide not to go, as in the church example, too. So when you need to get something done, it will seriously help you to collaborate with a friend, co-worker, etc, to get these tasks accomplished and hit your goals together. Thanks for reading, everyone! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment