Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Game Plan

I'm writing a bit late tonight, but with good reason. I attended a crucial event today called the Beachbody Game Plan Road Tour event, which, to my convenience was in Rosemont, about a 15 minute drive from the North Side of Chicago where my home is. My parents came as my only guests, which was fine with me, and we met some amazing people including Beachbody celebrities Larry Zimberg (the Game Plan Guru), Mark Briggs (one of the Beachbody O.G.'s...also in P90X+...badass!), Tommy Mygrant (the "join" button on the team beachbody homepage...dude is effen ripped!), and many others. I even met Arty from the success story team who recognized me from workin on my vids! Oh, I didn't forget about you Larry and Tiko from Indiana, James from N.J., Ron G., and of course Wanda Mae who recognized me and who listened in on the challenge call that I was a guest speaker for! You all and everyone else at this event really got me extra pumped up, and I thank you all and wish you the best of health and continued fortune with Beachbody, and I hope to see you all again soon!

The really awesome thing is that my mom became a coach today, and her and my dad have made a deeper commitment to their health. I really must tell you that more than any of my accomplishments, I am the most proud of being able to help them make positive changes in their health and in their lives. My mom has dropped 4 sizes so far with Slim In 6, and my dad has been training with a bike trainer (we're cyclists) but has also made a commitment to replace one meal a day with shakeology and he will start Power 90 soon and improve his health further. Folks, if you are reading this and you or your parents are a bit older like mine (66 and 72) and you have been watching all the 50 year-olds dying on the news and want to turn the crap-shoot into a sure winner, you need to get healthy and help them get healthy TODAY and keep the people you love around! This is not a joke. If you have kids, you want to be around for them, too, right? Holler at me and let's make this a reality. Over and over I mention this call to action because it is quite possibly the most important decision you can make. Let's turn this obesity thing around and get serious about health. Do it for yourself. If you could give a crap about yourself, then do it for people who love you. If you think no one cares about you, that's a load of crap because I sure care about you even though we may have never met, and if you change your life, odds are inadvertently you will change the lives of others. Isn't that worth it? Yes it is. So chew on that for a day or two, and call me when you're ready to become the person you've always wanted to be and live the life you've always dreamed of. Thanks for reading, everyone, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your Mom becoming a coach. My mom is also a coach and I love that she has made that comment...Kuddos!

    ReplyDelete