Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Four To One

No, I'm not talking about the odds against the Bears getting to the playoffs next season. Actually, I'm talking about the ratio of carbs to protein that is crucial for muscle rebuilding and increasing endurance. Apparently, researchers at the University of Texas found that consuming a sports drink with added protein allowed participants to cycle for a longer period of time than when using only the sports drink. Also, after your workout, this crucial combo also helps to rebuild your muscles while helping to replace the glycogen (the energy stored in your muscles that has been depleted) stores in your muscles from the carbohydrates.

Many of you know that I got my results and continue to progress in fitness primarily by following the P90X system. So it should come as no surprise that the good folks at Beachbody have designed a supplement for during and post-workout called the "P90X Results and Recovery Formula". This delicious, smooth-orange flavored powder utilizes the exact principle of delivering the 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein along with an elite blend of antioxidants, electrolytes, other vitamins, and some creatine to help your body recover faster and to optimize performance and results. I haven't skipped a day of this stuff in over a year, and my results certainly speak for themselves. I use this blend after my workouts, and during I usually use G2, (low-calorie Gatorade). I have experimented during my workout by putting a small scoop of protein (equalling about 7 grams of protein) to the G2 and this has helped during my extreme workouts. If money was no object, I would just use the P90X formula, though, because it is much more complete. You can learn more about this drink, the P90X system, my story, and other home fitness products by clicking on the title to this link which will take you to my official coach page. Please contact me with any questions. Thanks for reading, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment