Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2009

Sleep Well?

I hope everyone had as good of a night's sleep as I did! Some of you forced yourselves to wake up when it was still dark to take advantage of deals, and I don't blame you. Some of you probably even stayed up all night for the same reason. Personally, I'm happy I got in a good 7 hours or so, and just remember that your sleep is just as important as your fitness and nutrition. Anyways, this blog is not really about sleep, but rather my discoveries this morning.

When I woke up, I began making my usual breakfast, and when I looked in the fridge I saw a few ziploc bags of turkey, one with my mom-in-law's awesome cornbread, fresh farmer's artisan cheeses from my cousin Sue, a brie straight from Wisconsin that my Aunt Marion brought, and of course, a pie combo sitting on the counter. So, what do we do to stay on track with our diets and still enjoy a week or so of these leftovers? Well, it won't be that hard although I have to admit I almost reached for the cornbread this morning! If you are monitoring your portions and scheduling your eating...(you have been reading and applying!)...then you can sub in a piece or two of cornbread or stuffing for a carb portion...and have a small slice of pie with a scoop of fro-yo for breakfast instead of cereal and fruit if you like, etc. Luckily for me, all of our leftovers are pretty healthy and comprised of no-butter, reduced or no added sugar, and plenty of whole grains instead of boring white flour.

The thing I would definitely advise against is starving yourself today. It is pointless, but just try not to gorge again like you did yesterday even though you might still feel hungry because your stomach is still expanded from the Thanksgiving feast. I read somewhere that since we ate a lot more in one sitting, even though you go back to regular eating habits, your stomach will take about two weeks or so to fully go back to its original size. So just get back to your routine and gear up for the next Holiday! Thanks for reading, and check back tomorrow! Have a great Black Friday and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment