Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

10-Minute Solution

I woke up at a normal time...had normal intentions to do my insane 2 hour combo of shoulders and arms and max interval training. However, my brother-in-law has fallen extremely sick overnight, and that is definitely my first priority. Also, I have to leave for work around noon, so it is apparent I cannot complete my usual workout because I will have to take Victor in to see a doctor immediately, and you know how long that can be sometimes. So what do I do?

Often, many of us are faced with these same every-day obstacles that can keep us from doing what we need to do for our own health and well-being. At first, I convinced myself to take a day off and that I would catch up tomorrow. But something inside me knew that I would feel a bit off for the rest of the day if my body didn't get the exercise it craved. Instead, I chose to do a 10-minute shadowboxing routine from the One-On-One with Tony Horton Series. This workout combined 30 seconds of jumping rope with 30 seconds of shadow boxing, where I throw intense punches, elbows, knees, and kicks at an imaginary opponent. After just 10 short minutes, I was sweatin and I could feel my heart pumping blood, and I was done! I was able to find a solution to my dilemma, and I wanted to share this in a short blog before we left to the doctor, so maybe some of you can think of ways to fit in a workout or choose a healthier meal when in a tight bind.

Click on the title of this to go to my coach page and if you click "shop" you can check out the "10-minute trainer" series with Tony Horton. This is a series that is "no excuses" meaning if you have, time, combine 3 10-minute workouts, otherwise, do 1 or 2. This approach stacks different moves quickly so you can get a good burn even if you are short on time. Also, there is a calendar that will help you break up and combine different workouts as well as track your progress and hold yourself accountable. Anyways, off to the doctor! Thanks for reading and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment