Search This Blog

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Long, Great Day

Wow so I'm bloggin' late today...been a long, good one. I started off with a nice weekend type breakfast: 3 nutri-grain eggo pancakes topped with low-fat frozen yogurt, blueberries, and agave nectar as the syrup. I had a cup of green tea and a glass of fresh orange juice. It was fun and delicious, and really helped me set the tone for the day. So there's an example of a way to have something like pancakes which seems almost inherently bad for you but, as it turns out, can be tweaked to a healthy, well-rounded meal.

At 9 am, I attended a class at the American Red Cross and attained my CPR/AED certification. I needed this skill/knowledge in order to qualify to be a Certified Personal Trainer. I found the entire course, from the online learning to the hands-on group learning segment which I completed today, to be extremely beneficial. I mean this because in the few hours it took to learn and practice some simple concepts and how they apply to an emergency situation, I find that I am better equipped to preserve and even save a life if needed. I also would like to point out that it may be a great idea to be CPR certified even just for your own personal development. Especially if you have children or will be having children, it is important to know how to handle situations like choking which are controllable with the right knowledge.

The best part of my day today was visiting home in Bolingbrook to help my brother, Chris, prepare for P90X, the flagship product that helped me reach my health and fitness goals and inadvertently helping my friends and family also "catch the bug" and begin this awesome program. Today I assessed Chris with a fit test and measurements and consulted him on some aspects of the workouts, what tools and techniques to use, and really tried to prep him mentally for the changes that will come along with following this program. It feels so good to be able to not only be living healthier, but also to be able to inspire and teach people how to live even a little bit better.

Finally, I picked up Jasmine from work after I finished at Costco (I won't get into my love for Costco again) and after arguing with the public safety guy again about what the difference is between parking and standing and why my waiting in the drop off/pick up area for my wife who was saving lives all day is ok and I am not gonna move...you get the idea...came home to family and a nice home-cooked, healthy meal of salad with homemade vinaigrette, baked cod with tomato and a sprinkle of cheese, and a hot green bean/broccoli medley. Wow, I'm a lucky guy. So after dinner I totally passed out and woke up about 11:30 and I wanted to get my blog in! Thanks for reading and please comment about a busy day you've had and the successes and challenges you face on a daily basis. Click on the title to find out more about P90X and why it is the most complete home athletic training program period.

No comments:

Post a Comment