Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Offseason Endurance Training

Ok so if you think you're in shape? Take the INSANITY challenge. It's called INSANITY because it's just that-INSANE. Some of you may be familiar with P90X, the most complete athletic home fitness training program period. It's what helped me go from flab to fab, and if you know me or have visited my website (click on the title) you know. After 6 months of P90X, I was in peak athletic condition, and a new program called INSANITY came out, and I had to take the challenge. From the jump it is absolutely crazy. The fit test is crazy, the workouts are crazy...you will be dripping with sweat and you might not make it through the warmup. I'm not kidding. The program is a 60 day conditioning program where you train with MAX Intervals.

Traditional interval training combines moderate cardio work with short bursts of extreme cardio (like sprints) that boost your heart rate, then you recover with the moderate cardio again. This is great training, and it's what many trainers use with their athletes, and I highly suggest it if you haven't done it before. However, MAX Interval training, (in a circuit workout), uses 3 minutes of insane cardio work followed by a 30 second break where you allow your heart rate to come down a little bit, sip some water, then go right back into another circuit. This type of training works your body and pushes your mind past the limits of what you thought was possible, and teaches you how to maximize your breathing to push through and finish the workouts. So if you think you're hardcore...take the challenge. Check out the video, and feel free to contact me with any questions. In case you are wondering, currently I have customized a workout program, combining an INSANITY workout with a P90X workout, and I get crazy with my cardio/abs days, too. I train 7 days a week (the 7th is Yoga X) because I feel and look the best I have in my life, and I am here to coach and train anyone that wants to even make a minor positive change in their life. Are you ready??

No comments:

Post a Comment