Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Work And Play

Yesterday many of my colleagues participated in the Men's Health Urbanathlon, a athletic event featuring runs and city-themed obstacles. I am still coming off of the Marathon from last week, so I did not participate this year, but a bunch of us went out last night to hang out and consume a few alcoholic calories...ok a bit more than a few! I'm still a newer member of the team at work, so this was the first time I've really hung out with people outside of the gym. My wife came out with me, and we all had a great time. Are you the type to hang out with people you work with? If not, why not? Most likely we all spend more time with the people we work with than our own families, so it is actually very important to nurture interpersonal relationships outside of your normal work environment. Not only does it help build bonds of trust and provide more insight, it's fun, and it will make your workday and professional relationships better as well. Work hard, play hard, and have some fun!

That's it for me for today, and this is the official end of the "daily dose". Moving to a weekly blog most likely with perhaps a few extras during the week, depending on what I think is relevant to share. I'll be changing the name of the blog and maybe even the look, and I welcome any suggestions. Thanks so much for reading, responding, and for making a commitment to yourself, your health, and your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment