Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Offseason Training

For me, my first running season is officially over. The marathon was awesome, and this week I've almost felt ill from the aches and pains and weakness while my body worked to recover and rebuild. I'm feeling more energy back today and got in some foam roller work and 20 minutes of a great yoga class. I feel so excited actually for the changes about to come. I am designing my own offseason training program which, in many respects, will be much harder and more grueling than the peak of this running season. I am planning to utilize all 7 days, with 2 days devoted to active recovery such as yoga, pilates, and corrective exercise and flexibility. I will program for myself as I am my own client. After all, if I can't stick to a program and be accountable, how can I expect that from my clients?

What does your career/job entail? Do you have clients? Do you sell products? What types of things do you promote, and are you an active participant? Do you believe in your product and use it? What do you consider your season, and how are you training and developing for it? This could apply for your job/career, sports, personal athletics, financial goals, etc. Think about it. What is your plan, and how has it worked for you? If you don't have a plan or goals, then aren't you just spinning your wheels? Why get in the car without a destination? Think about it. Get excited for your upcoming season and the offseason where you will be getting "back to the basics" and working on mastering your craft! Have a great day everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment