Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Crowd of Cheers

Well, I finished. I was shooting for a finish time between 3:30 and 4:00, but I finished at 4:10. Not bad, really, but I worked through some injury and cramping and made it happen. In my head, I thought of all of the people supporting me and looking to me for support. It is because of all of you that I am able to push myself further each day, and it is why I will continue to strive for greater and greater accomplishment. As a trainer and coach, I am focused on holding myself to a higher standard. I can only expect someone to follow direction if I learn myself to set a great example. None of us are perfect, but that doesn't mean we don't try to get there. At points in the race, there were crowds of spectators who were residents, friends, and family members of the participants. I ran and ran, and I thought about those spectators. They came out to support people they cared about. Thinking deeper, I realized that I help to promote health by training and coaching these same people that the crowds were cheering for. Since it is my mission to promote healthier living to everyone, these family members were effectively cheering for me! This made me smile, and I really felt the cheers personally and felt great throughout the race because of it! Think about the people you serve and care about. How are you making a difference for them? Realize that as you better their lives you are actually improving the quality of life for not only them but also indirectly for the people that love and care about them! Get excited about it, and thanks for making a difference! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment