Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Don't Call In!

"I want to tell you, " my client started, "I was going to call in and cancel this morning's session. Then I thought, 'If I cancel today, I'll most likely see myself not coming back.'" Wow. Yesterday one of my newer clients told me this after admitting she felt like she had a slight cold. I applauded her for still coming in, and she not only completed the workout, she actually improved her numbers! She was so happy she made the decision to come in and do her best, and you will too!

Often, especially concerning fitness, we may feel like "calling in" and skipping workouts. Do you ever feel better that you did? Unless you are injured or severely ill, you should show up and give it your best. This is the simplest thing to accomplish on a given day, but usually it is the hardest thing for people to do. Why? Sometimes it's laziness, and sometimes although we think we've committed, we've really just entertained the idea of getting in shape or doing something well. When you truly commit to something, you will not let anyone or anything stop you from performing the activities necessary to reach your goal. Think about this in other areas of your life: Do you call in to work for non-legitimate reasons? Do you call and cancel social engagements with friends because you "don't feel like it"? Ok, every once and a while we value that "me" time, but if you are a successful person you don't have any reason to do this. I'll admit, sometimes my head isn't always 100% "in the game" but I've learned that if you just "show up" and start [your workout] you'll usually surprise the heck out of yourself and often you will improve! Plus, you'll feel so much better about following through with your commitment. This same principle will carry over into your career and social life, and in turn, you will become a highly motivated, responsible, and effective individual. It starts with today. Tomorrow it will be about tomorrow, and so on. Don't call in today, get your workout in, and follow through! Tomorrow do the same! Have a great day, everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment