Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What do I do now?

First, I want to say thanks to those of you who have been reading, and thanks also for posting comments and questions. My main goal here is to help, or supplement your health and fitness with education that I've picked up, my personal experience of weight loss and life transformation, and some tidbits of daily life here and there. Today I want to talk about what I am doing now. I finished P90X two times, I completed INSANITY and had a plan to go back to P90X and replace some cardio workouts with some INSANITY and One-On-One workouts. However, I started to realize my workouts would be over 2 hours long, so I wanted to trim that while maintaining both interval training and resistance training into my workout. So what I am doing now is trying out routines that I have developed from different home fitness programs, and I just did my first "Shoulders & Arms" workout and it was great! Though you may not be familiar with all of these moves, I will break it down for you to see, as an example. Maybe it will spark some ideas, or, if you're getting bored and need a challenge, let me know and I can recommend a particular program for you!

The moves in my warmup are taken from INSANITY. It is a 10 minute warmup of cardio moves. I start slow and work to a sprint at the end, and when I stretch I'm soaking wet.

2 rounds (00:30), last round (00:15) each move, after all 3 rounds, 30 sec rest/water before stretch.

Jog
Straight-Arm Jacks
Side-to-side Jump Rope (without rope)
Arms-out, High-Knees
Switch Kicks
Hit the Floor
Floor Hops

Stretch for approx 3 mins, hamstrings, hip flexors, quads, arms, etc.

Supersets - 3 supersets, 3x each, total of 9 different moves, total of 27 sets

SS#1
Alternating Shoulder Presses
Standing Arm Curls
sphinx-walk toes up to tricep pushup

SS#2
Scarecrows
Curl-up, Hammer-downs
Cable tricep extensions

SS#3
Upright Row
In/Out Hammer Curls
Tricep Dips

And here's the finale--a cardio/power circuit. 3 rounds, 30 sec each move, total time of 12 mins

Squat Jacks (holding 2 lb weights)
Side-to-side upper cuts (holding 2 lb weights)
Attack (holding 2 lb weights)
Pike Press
Wide In & Out Abs
Plank Walker
Low-plank knee-to-elbow (oblique ab work)

Cool Down and Stretch

This routine took about an hour and I was pretty beat. I worked up my heart and lungs to start and finish, and gave my shoulders, biceps, and triceps a beating. Hope this inspires some thought. Please comment...thanks for reading and check back tomorrow. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment