Search This Blog

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Support

I'm posting late today, and most of the reason can be attributed to the fact that I've had either a severe cold or the flu that's been sweeping the nation all weekend long. But rather than complain about the aches and pains, being up all night from head congestion, or the fact that I've had to rest from exercise for two days, I want to say thanks to my friends and family for their ongoing support. Sometimes when I press my personal "pause" button, it helps me realize that people are willing to go out of their way to pick up the slack that I am leaving, and I know that they, too appreciate what I do when I am my healthiest.

I usually do the grocery shopping for the week as well as cook for the family and get some personal time on the weekends. This weekend, though, my family demanded that I stay in bed and rest while they take care of some of my usual duties. They've gotten medicine, fed me, cleaned my dishes, and even walked the dog every time, just so I can get better. It is this support system that has helped me to feel better now, but also it is this support system that motivates me to be a better and healthier individual, coach, and supporter of them and others. It is this support system that helps all of us to move forward as a family, team, and when one or two of us are moving ahead, we pull the rest forward, and when one or two of us drop back, the rest of us come back to help us. So if you are reading this, think of your support system. Think of your family, your friends, your co-workers, and anyone else that reinforces you in a positive way, and use that as your motivation to do better in all areas of your life. And if you need another person in your support system, I am here for you. Thanks everyone for reading, enjoy the rest of the weekend, and thanks for your support!

1 comment:

  1. Great post bro! Very true, and reminds me of my own superb support system I have! Thanks for posting this, and feel better ;)

    ReplyDelete