Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Got Juice?

You may find it is often difficult to get all of your vegetable servings in a given day. Even if you do, you might not want to eat a large salad, or have a side of broccoli in some meals, etc. A great way to get all of the vegetables and fruit servings you need is to juice. When I was focusing more on weight loss, I my daily calories were dominated by protein and vegetables mainly, and I found sometimes by the evening I needed multiple servings of veggies to complete my day. I would juice about 9 organic carrots, which yielded about 16 oz of juice, which I used to fulfill two veggie servings. Yes, I was passing on the fiber, however, the juice of 9 carrots packed a great nutrient punch, and the juice was sweet and delicious. Currently my wife and I enjoy fresh orange juice every morning, and the best part...no pulp or pasteurization! Also, there is no added sugar, preservatives, or water when you juice yourself. Just juice. You don't have to be as boring as me, though! Try other veggies and fruits as well as herbs and leafy greens. I'm not getting paid for promoting fresh juice or the juicer, but click on the title of this blog and check out the official website for the Power Juicer. I own the deluxe model, and I love it. Thanks for reading and this was short so go enjoy your Saturday! Check back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment