Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Okay so it's a fun day today...have some fun! I will even admit that I indulged last night and today with a few pieces of chocolate. Also, last night Jasmine (my wife) and I hung out, drank a few beers and had some snacks. I did make some decent choices based on my options, though, and here they are:

For the beer, I tried out MGD 64, a very light beer with only 64 calories, 2.4 grams of carb per 12 oz can. I did drink about 4 or 5 admittedly, however I'm sure my stomach would be hurtin if I'd picked a medium or full-bodied beer. Also, instead of killing the whole bag of hershey's kisses with almonds, I made "ants on a log" (I think it's called that anyways) which I used Kirkland Organic Peanut butter (ingredients: peanuts, salt (Costco)) spread in the contour of celery sticks, and with raisins sprinkled on top. I think I was in a surplus for my daily calories, but at least I could be festive and pick up some nutrition along the way. I hope my example helps, but listen--as long as we indulge occasionally and don't stuff ourselves as a routine, we can make some allowances. I'm not perfect and I don't expect that anyone reading this is. So don't stress yourself out with trying to make the absolute best choice 100% of the time--rather just focus on making the "better" choice 80-90% of the time, you'll probably be alright. Please comment with your "better" choices for Halloween or just in general! Thanks for reading and have a safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment