Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Small Changes Lead To Big Results

Hi all, and welcome to my first official blog. It's been about a year or so since I made the conscious decision to live healthier. Let's face it, when you live in arguably the most obese city in the world, you have access to some of the most delicious foods and establishments not even found 50 miles away, and where the weather most of the time discourages you from being outdoors, it's easy to abandon the entire prospect. Come on, I mean who can live without Italian Beef, pizza, wings, not to mention all different types of ethnic foods available...and delivery til 6 am in some instances? You get the idea, it's easy to be complacent in our horrible eating habits, but when you decide it's time to be healthy to avoid obesity, heart disease, stroke...you get the idea, you don't have to empty your entire fridge, dump your stack of menus, or torture yourself with countless hours on a boring treadmill. Actually, making too drastic of a change may be too much of a physical and mental shock and you will end up stressed out and even worse off then you started most likely. Instead, focus on making a "better choice". A lot of people drink Coca-cola, which I haven't touched in a long time, but if you feel you can't live without it, try Diet or Coke Zero. Of course, it's not the same, and it is still not the "best" choice, but you will avoid crazy sugar calories that do nothing for you. If you like the real sweetness, try drinking a Vitamin Water or Juice. You get some sugar, sure, but you also get nutrients and vitamins, a much better bang-for-your-buck. If you must eat fast food, replace your burger with a grilled chicken sandwich, and opt for a side salad instead of the usual french-fries. Trust me, you will be proud of yourself for fighting your usual fat and grease craving, but the more you make these slight adjustments, the better you will feel and look. Check out my story by clicking on the title above, and please feel free to contact me for more information. I am here to support you and help you live better. If I could lose 75 lbs and get in the best shape of my life, surely you can make some small adjustments. Thanks for reading and check back tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Very good tips man! Couldn't agree more. Some people will actually be "afraid" to make changes, big or small, for fear of losing a part of a lifestyle they've grown comfortable with. But definitely a willingness to either taper down on some foods and beverages or swap them out with "better choices" will lead to positive results. Thanks for the post bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the proud mother of Coach Mike, who also happens to be my Coach. I am not ready for the P90X becasue i am just starting to change my lifestyle. We eat healthier, no more potato chips or Nachos for us. I am cutting down on portions. No cakes or cookies. May be once in a while we will have something. We went to a 90th birthday party for one of church friends, and I did not have that delicious mouthwatering looking cake, instead I had a piece of sugarfree lemon bread. Last night we went out to dinner after a long time and went to our favorite chines restaurant, also coach Mike's favorite place. We also used to order fried rice but we decided not to. We shared a dish with plain rice, and had an eggroll each.
    Now about my life style change- I have been doing the Tony Horton's "Tony and the folks" workout. But it does not make me sweat, so I started to do the "walk away the pounds" by Leslie sansone. I have been doing a two mile walk everyday(almost). I have set up my ablounger and am going to start working on that. Coach Mike is not only my coach but also my son. I am also so proud of my son Chris who is also following his big-little brother's footsteps. Their dad is the bicyclist and he is going to set up his bike with the stationary rear wheel, so here we will be one happy, healthy family. Can't forget Victor. So proud of my three guys.

    ReplyDelete