Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holiday Treats

"It's the Holidays!" True. If you haven't taken on a Holiday pound yet, I applaud you. Last year, it wasn't a problem for me. Actually, I was still losing a few pounds last year. But I have to admit this year, I've been more lenient with my nutritional extremism. I do realize that it's festive to treat yourself here and there, and as long as you're not training for an athletic event or are on a weight-loss or specific fitness program at the moment, if you do enjoy a cookie or extra drink here and there it's not the end of the world. If anything, take the opportunity to train extra hard the next day. You may actually find that you have mounds of energy on Monday morning after a Sunday night holiday meal followed by a dessert or two. So use it! Then, after the New Year caps off the Holiday season, find an event or pick a date, and train hard. Eat lean. Get ready for the next season! Start 2011 off with a list of challenges for yourself, then take them down and next year at this time you'll be able to enjoy the Holidays just as much or more than this year! And...it's okay to beat yourself up over the extra snacks...realize it's not a regular occurrence. Just don't beat yourself up too much! Have a great week and a Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment