Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Address

Today's blog is a letter to you--you all make it all possible. Thanks and Happy Holidays!


December 26, 2010
Athletes, Family, Friends, and Associates,

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Thank You all for helping me get to where I’m at. Truly, all of the gifts I’ve received for Christmas are the icing on the cake. I feel that Christmas was made possible through all of you. Some of the best gifts that I’ve received were not material.

I was re-assessing one of my clients recently. I took his blood pressure. 120/70. Ok. “Still taking your medication?” I expected all to be normal and he would tell me he had been. “No, “ his eyes kind of lit up and he had this smile on his face, “I actually haven’t taken them in over a month,” he finished. I took a moment to process the statement. I got it. I immediately put up my hand for a high-five.

A different client came in this week and showed me her new running shoes. Awesome! As it turns out, I had planned an extended treadmill training, so we tested the shoes out. She really got outside of her comfort zone. Turns out, she is a real competitor. After a quarter-mile challenge, she looked at me excitedly and said, “I didn’t quit!” almost as if she couldn’t believe it. Education is part of fitness training. The main curriculum consists of the things you learn about yourself. If I have had any part in your epiphanies and revelations, I feel I have accomplished much as well. Thanks for allowing me to be part of that.

“How do you feel?” I asked one of my other trainees after our circuit was finished. “Better than when I came in.” What a priceless gem of a statement. There are so many of you that have said so many great things that really touch and inspire me. You all are my favorite people to quote! Additionally, there are so many other stories I could tell you like this, but there are many stories to continue to build as well as new ones waiting to begin.

To my associates and management team, thank you so much for allowing me to learn from, work with, befriend, and be inspired by you. If it weren’t for all of you, I surely wouldn’t have made it this far, and I truly hope to work with you all for a very long career. I often tell people, “I wouldn’t rather be anywhere else,” and it’s 100% true. Thanks again.

All that said, it is time to look to 2011. A new year filled with new obstacles, new faces, new challenges, new milestones, and new successes and stories. Celebrate! Rejoice! Thank God! Then get ready. Training season continues! Thanks again to all of you for being part of my life, and thanks for reading!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

-Mike Nickles

No comments:

Post a Comment