Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Laziness For Productivity

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I held my second annual family Thanksgiving, and it was great! I got to spend time with family and friends, and of course, there was great football on, too! If you're human, you most likely indulged in some extra calories this Thanksgiving, which is okay. What I have come to realize and explain is that on holidays or special events, it won't kill you to eat/drink a bit more or a little unhealthier than usual, however, the problem is that many of us have too much of a nonshalant attitude the remainder of the year, which is not only not good, but actually a detriment to your health. Trust me, when your nutrition is balanced and under control, you will feel and look better, no matter what your exercise program/schedule looks like. Tony Horton says, "Abs are made in the kitchen." Well said.

Anyways, I don't really want to discuss the Holidays, but I want to discuss recovering from them. On Friday, I had an appointment with a regular client which got me in the gym. I did get a great workout in, and then I went home for the day. I originally planned to get some cleaning and errands accomplished, but ended up cuddling in bed and was really not much more productive then a rock on the street. Saturday, however, was a much different story. I skipped yoga in the morning but replaced it with cleaning off the desk in my office--there is much more to do but after a filled garbage bag and some movement, I can now utilize my desk once again. I paid some bills, went to work for a client appointment, drove up to Evanston for a specific product for my wife, made a couple other stops including the bank, Home Depot, and Target, went back home, raked the yard, and I finished up my productive day by making a salad and using the remnants of the Turkey carcasses to create a delicious soup for dinner.

Do you ever feel unproductive or lazy? Well, if so, sometimes you do need to take that day. What you should do mentally, however, is plan the next day to jump-start a series of productive days, weeks, etc. You will feel charged and ready to go, and I suggest making a list of tasks. There is a great feeling of accomplishment when you look on that list later and see you have crossed off most or all of the items you set out to do. Another tip--if there is a project or task that you have been putting off but it is important, do that first, and everything else will seem much easier. Please post your thoughts and experiences with laziness and/or productivity for us to learn from. Have a great week, everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment