Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Goodbyes

This week was long for me, as it probably was for many others including many of you reading. I am at the point as a personal trainer where I am building strong relationships with my regular clients, and many of them are entering progressive stages of training and they are seeing and feeling results. This is what determines my success, but more than anything, it makes me feel great to be a part of life improvement! Anyway, one of my favorite clients who recently started training three times a week emailed me to inform me of some bad news. She had decided to take a job offer in her home country in Central America and would no longer be training or coming to the gym. This was sudden, and I was truly saddened that we wouldn't be working together. I felt that we had come a long way and were making real progress. Not only that, but obviously that's 3 sessions a week less which is a setback for my business as well.

I wished her the best, but I can't help but feel kind of like I was dumped. A week ago another client had finished her training as well, which I knew about ahead of time, but it was still a bit tough mentally. I can't help it, I guess. I am investing myself into my clients as much so or even more than they are committing themselves. Another thing that ties in is my own training. People often ask me about my own training. I feel that I have to hold myself to a higher standard of fitness. This way, I cannot ask or expect a client to do anything more demanding than what I put myself through. And, yes, this does include issues and obstacles that come up. Anyway, what I will do is to remember the relationships I have made, the impacts I have had on my clients, and I will always learn from these experiences and build on them into the future. I urge you all to do the same in your professional and personal lives. Each day is a new learning experience, and life gives us a blend of difficulties and opportunities. We must take advantage of the learning and opportunities in the midst of the difficulties and obstacles. Growth is the result. So every goodbye is potentially a new hello! Stay positive, have a great week, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment