Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Guest Blog: Making A Positive Difference

Below is copy from an email I got today from one of my clients. She has been responding well to training, and above all, trying to maintain a positive attitude. Please think about the relationships in your life and relate to this message. Very powerful, and I'm glad people are catching on! Thanks, "C", for your inspiring message!

Hi Mike,

I read your blog tonight from Nov. 7th and was thinking... I encourage you to keep thinking positively. As a physician, I have relationships with a lot of people (doctor-patient, teacher-student, peer-peer, nurse-doctor, etc), and it can be really difficult when you invest so much of yourself into another person and then the relationship ends. In my case that is the doctor-patient relationship, and in your case the trainer-trainee relationship. It is, in some ways, both a positive and negative to the job. But no matter what happens at the end, I always tell myself that I did the best that I could, and that I made a difference in this person's life because I did the best that I could. Anyhow, there is a great line in Antoine de Saint Exupery's book The Little Prince. At one point, the fox tells the Little Prince (translated from French), "you are responsible for those with whom you create a relationship with." Most of us feel this in general, but those of us charged with healing, teaching, or "service" towards another person feel this even more (or at least I think so). �

Thanks,
"C"

I hope you felt that! Have a great day everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment