Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Intention And Attention

Many of us, including myself, have an issue with our attention. It seems there are not enough hours in the day and not enough lines on a page to jot down and get done all we need to. Almost every day it seems I am in a proverbial game of tetris and my blocks are stacking up at the top, and I am frantically trying to play "catch-up" and eliminate more rows. The thing about real life, obviously, is that we can't reset the game. We must try to keep up with our responsibilities and stay focused. I've been visiting Chiro One regularly for general wellness and to improve my health, bodily functions, prevent illness, and also improve athletically as a result. During my visits, I receive handouts that include but are not limited to health articles, motivation, and even satirical comics. Today I got part 2 of a series titled "8 Steps To Use The Power of Intention to Change Your Life". A line really caught my eye, and it relates very well to myself and to (yours and) others' situations.
"...your intention is in the future and your attention is in the present..."
This refers to our goals and our focus. Going back to what I mentioned earlier about feeling overwhelmed, I thought about being in the moment and though I may think ahead to even tomorrow and the next, I must know that things will work out and my vision of the future will happen--if and only if I successfully execute the most important things today.

Many of my new clients are very eager to succeed but are hung up on so much trivia. "I'll be able to do this, right?"..."Do you think I can...?" etc. Listen, take a deep breath. Envision yourself how you will be and know you must be patient and follow a program. Similar to school and even development as humans, each encounter and experience is important and relates to the moment and context. These experiences build and though we may fail, we learn and grow and eventually succeed. We must trust that we are working towards something but it is now and today that matter most. So like the quote, we must intend to succeed and reach our goals but be attentive and focus on the present task and situation in order to get there. Please feel free to post comments and/or contact me. Also, please click on the title to this blog and/or sign up for the daily inspiration at chiroone.net and also check out the free daily podcast from Zig Ziglar at ziglar.com. Have a wonderful day and thank God for what you have! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment