Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy National Running Day!

Today is National Running Day, and although my right knee and ankle are a bit banged up I managed to squeeze 6 functional miles out. This week has been particularly light as far as appointments for me, so I've been getting in office time and though I really want to develop some Bosu workouts the weather has been lovely and I've got the fever for sure. Yesterday I was running errands in between training sessions and I had a few hours before I had to train my next client. I decided to take advantage of the new summer heat and stopped over at Diversey Park where the driving range is. I hooked up my TRX on the monkey bars in the empty playground and with a drawn-up high-metabolic full-body and core workout, I crushed it! The damp woodchip/dirt surface added an element, as did the monkey bars. Then I washed up briefly, hydrated, and headed back for a shower and to train my next client...which coincidentally was a planned total TRX workout.

Back to today though - A good friend happened upon some Cubs tickets and I had just finished my last session. It was and still is currently one of the loveliest days of the year so far. (I'm on my back porch right now!) However, I ended up deciding to give the tix to my friend and his girlfriend. I'm not much of a Cubs fan and I really wanted to get a run in for National Running Day and see how my joints felt in case I decided to put myself back in this Saturday's Half Marathon. The game had just about started and my buddy called me and asked him to meet him closer to Wrigley. No problem. I put the tix and my valuables in a ziploc bag and packed it in a mesh Under Armour duffel with a tank top, a water bottle, and a small towel. I laced up my Livestrongs and got to runnin! Ran about 3 miles exacty to where he was, gave him the tix, and on the run home stopped at CVS and got a few necessities. Functional fitness and I can report I was definitely not 100%, but it felt great to participate!

So when I just plugged the Nike+ I got this video...500 miles logged on Nike + today! I've come a long way, but there's so much further to go...endless challenges and programs...fitness is awesome...running is amazing...life is good...love is great. Thanks for reading everyone, and have a wonderful day! Run!


         

No comments:

Post a Comment