Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

That Feelin'

I have to admit, I've not been consistent on the blogs lately, but today marks the anniversary run that kicked it off for me last year--the Ravenswood 5k. It's a neighborhood run, but it was my first event, and this morning as we've prepped (my wife Jasmine is running her first event today), I am excited as I realize how far I've come. Last year at this time I had a newly established fitness level and was supporting others and giving advice on home fitness. Now I have over 7 events under my belt including two half-marathons and a modest but decent 4:10:00 Chicago Marathon time. Add to that that I have almost worked a year as a personal trainer and am 15 days from my first promotion. I've learned so much, but I have so much to learn. And though my hectic schedule discourages a regular workout program, I am helping others achieve their goals by designing relevant programs and providing nutritional and lifestyle coaching for them. I am excited by my clients' excitement, and have truly found myself. So this morning as I cross the finish, I will be thinking of all of them as well as those who love and support me. What a great day to be healthy! Thanks for reading everyone, and have a lovely day

No comments:

Post a Comment