Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Hang In There!

So first I won't waste time mentioning my long drought of blogs. No excuses...anyway, today I'd like to discuss a recurring theme, especially as we move into summer once again. A few of my female clients who are looking to lose weight have consulted with me regarding their progress. "I feel my clothes fitting better, but I'm not seeing any difference on the scale," is pretty close to what I am hearing from a few people. I've personally witnessed this among my clients--endurance improvements, strength gains, more athletic ability, etc. What is definitely happening is a change in body composition. The percentage of body fat goes down but the weight stays the same meaning only one thing--thermogenic homeostasis remains due to addition of calories, but muscle is replacing fat, essentially. In order to truly lose weight (or mass), you need to burn more calories than you are taking in. Simple thermogenics. What happens is with the added exercise, people tend to be hungrier and eat more and/or treat themselves more. The result is a wash in calories burned/consumed although the performance results may keep coming. "But I eat really well..." Unless you are tracking, you don't really know the story. Here's what I challenge you to do - visit http://www.dailyburn.com/ and set up a free profile. Then join my group - "Team 900" and begin taking advantage of the tools available, namely the nutrition tracking. There is a huge database of foods and you can even create recipes and favorites to make your life easier. Download and iphone app for real-time tracking if you want. I also use other sites for this, but for daily burn I am able to assist you in tracking. Once we know and can analyze your current activities as accurately as possible, we will be able to tweak and make some dietary adjustments that will no doubt be helpful. Also, check out http://www.shakeologylife.com/ for info on a whole-food meal replacement that I use every day for optimum nutrition and weight management. Whatever you do, don't stop striving to be healthier--hang in there, and great things will happen! Please contact me if you feel you need additional support, and I will help you personally! Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment