Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Life Is Our Sport

Difficulty mixed with opportunity. That is the basic theme of life, isn't it? I first heard this concept from a Jim Rone presentation, and it definitely holds true. Sure, there are times when we have more of one than the other, but we still all have a mix. When you make a decision to improve yourself all around, you pursue the means to get there and then you execute. When you work hard and follow a simple plan, making adjustments and adaptations when necessary, you will become better skilled to handle life itself. So fitness-wise, of course this applies. People are also noticing how fitness and health in general can help you elsewhere, especially in your career and home life. I want to share an excerpt from an email I just received today. This is from one of my clients who has an up-and-down work schedule but has been diligent in working hard, eating right, being accountable, and by being coach-able and following a program:

"...another person today noticed how my body has changed! And so have I - I feel like I've been treated better at work (oddly), maybe because I look better or I feel better and am projecting that, or it''s really true that people treat you better when you look better/healthier. Also, a bunch of my work clothing that didn't fit well over the last year is now fitting much better- and I feel more confident as my body changes. I had Mon-Friday without workouts, but I am thinking I have to change my game at work to make sure I fit in the workouts when I have this particular rotation again. This was the first of such a week...I am determined to find a way to make this rotation easier, more doable, and healthier...I am thankful I have a husband like...because he cooked food and I took it for lunch (and ended up eating that for dinner if I didn't eat lunch in the middle of the day)."

Thanks to all of you for working so hard and feeling great for it! Have a great weekend, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment