Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cleanse Recap

Hey all! First I want to apologize for not staying consistent with my blogs. Writing really helps me, but I know it helps many of you as well. Anyway, For the month of January, I decided to start the year off right by mixing up my fitness with an all-new program as well as a nutritional "cleanse". The cleanse wasn't colonics or a prune juice binge or a fast. Actually, it was more about eliminating certain foods and elements that toxify the body. So In January, I completely eliminated (if I hadn't already) alcohol, gluten, caffeine, sugars and artificial sweeteners, dairy products, processed foods, and I only eat salmon and egg whites as far as animal products go, so I decided to keep those in. I must say the changes in both areas allowed me to drop the ten pounds I had gained post-marathon thru the holidays. However, I did put on muscle mass and increased my strength, so I am lean, athletic, and ready to start endurance season again! In addition, I feel less bloated, more alert, more motivated, and I have noticed postural improvements as well! I am happy to think that I have kicked my caffeine addiction, and I do plan to drink coffee again, but I think I will go to decaf and drink for the flavor! Wow!

The information on this 30-day diet clean-up is found in Tony Horton's new book "Bring It". I highly recommend picking this one up on Amazon or at your local book store. Tony Horton created P90X and is a huge reason I am helping my clients change their lives through fitness and nutrition, so I really believe in this guy. If you are looking to make some positive changes in your life this year, the best way would be to take control of your health and well-being by eating whole, nutritious and natural foods and by exercising and/or training daily. Please contact me if you don't know where to begin! That's what I'm here for. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment