Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cycle For Survival

On Saturday, February 11, I had the great opportunity to lead a team in a fantastic annual fundraiser called Cycle For Survival. This is a unique event hosted by Equinox, the fitness club where I train. Every year, teams are formed by individuals, groups, and companies to raise funds for Sloans-Kettering to allow research for rare cancers. The event culminates by turning clubs nation-wide into festival-like atmospheres where teams, spin instructors, and vendors alike gather to participate in what I describe as a humongous spin class. I hosted a team of 8, made up of clients past and present as well as my wife, mom, and dad. It was so awesome to celebrate health and fitness in this high-energy, positive setting, and since we were on spin bikes indoors, it allowed us the rare opportunity to ride together. Big thanks to all of my team members who helped make this happen! Our team raised around 2,000 dollars AND had a lot of fun getting our fitness on yesterday!! Please click on the title to this blog to check out our official team page and more about this great event. Feel free to contact me about how to join-in next year, and if you like, you may still make a donation! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment